Sunday, May 16, 2010

A lazy day in the moving game



16 May – lazy day today – just played with the fur babies. They are so funny and soft – and loving. They look at me with those big eyes and I just cannot resist. They are trying so hard to get my granddaughter’s cat – and if that cat claws my new leather couch again – they might just get it – because I might just toss her over the gate.

Picture is of Angel and Maxi wrapped in a towel - my granddaughter was playing with them - Not quite sure why Maxi looks so little in this picture - she is a little smaller than Angel but she holds her own. Just let Angel try to take the toy or bone she wants.

I keep Angel and Maxi in the family room – partially because while I was in the hospital they got a little spoiled and they “forgot” some of their house training – so I am retraining. That is actually going well because they like being outside so much – but the family room is all tile – so they do not need the carpet for a bit.

The cat is only here because she belongs to my granddaughter – I am allergic to cats – and sucking down allergy meds like crazy. And the cat seems to know this – she tries every way she can to get into my bedroom. It is a race every time I open the door to see which one wins. I want one allergy free room in the house!

Coming home from church today – noticed some odd things on the highway. Speed limit is 65 and most go between 70-75 – (me among the most) but there are those who get into the middle lane and go a safe 50! Then there are those who must get to the exit one car length ahead – even though it means passing and cutting over from the “fast” lane. Then there are those shiny new DEFECTIVE cars which have no turn signals – so everyone around them has to guess what they plan to day. Oh is that one coming onto the highway or maybe just going from exit to exit – it is fun to make us wonder isn’t it? Then there were the three who were daydreaming along – all in either the fast lane or the middle lane and ALL OF A SUDDEN woke up to realize their exit was RIGHT HERE! They made it but there were red lights decorating the cars around them and brakes screeched.

Well – enough for today. Tomorrow it is back to the old grind. Going to get drapery rods for the dining area – already have drapes. Still looking for kitchen and family room window coverings – but the chance that I will be wandering into either of those rooms sans clothing is pretty slim – so the neighbor’s eyes are safe.



Til later – moving is such fun! Only a gazillion boxes to go, pictures to hang, curtains to hang, curtains to hem and then I get to begin on the yard! The yard which at the moment is in a sort of desert landscape – rocky and barren!

No comments:

Post a Comment